Magnetic Stirrer

We can find two types of stirrers: magnetic and rod. The magnetic ones are those equipment that allow you to mix a liquid in a container by means of a rotating magnetic field that makes a magnetic rod rotate. The stirring speed is measured in revolutions, depending on the stirrer. There are those that have heating and there are those that do not.

Laboratory stirrers are used in the preparation of chemical products, cosmetics, food, coatings, among others. They are equipment that easily adapt to small spaces and are easy to move from one place to another. At J.P Selecta we have a very wide range where you can find the one that suits your needs.

What is a magnetic stirrer?

Magnetic stirrers consist of a small magnetic bar (called a stir bar) that is usually covered by a plastic layer and a plate. Below this plate is a rotating magnet or a series of electromagnets arranged in a circular pattern to create a rotating magnetic field.

It is very frequent that such a plate has an assembly of electrical resistances in order to provide it with the necessary heat for some chemical solutions. During the operation of a typical magnetic stirrer, the stirring bar magnet (colloquially called a flea, fly, bean, or bullet magnet) comes into picture. At J.P SELECTA we have a wide range of magnetic stirrers.

Magnetic Stirrers

At J.P SELECTA, we know what would be ideal to suit your needs. With an experience of over 70 years, we have a very wide range where you can find the one that suits your needs.

Ask for a custom budget or any questions you may have.

Magnetic and overhead stirrers

magnetic stirrers

Rotating and tilting agitators


Vibrator shakers

vibrator shakers

Orbital and reciprocating shakers